Coyotes goalie Antti Raanta tweets images of new mask
The Arizona Coyotes acquired a new goaltender this offseason, and with that comes a new goalie mask. Antti Raanta showed it off on Thursday.
Raanta comes to the Coyotes after the Rangers dealt him and center Derek Stepan to Arizona in exchange for No. 7 overall pick in this year’s draft and defenseman Anthony DeAngelo.
He figures to be the No. 1 goaltender for the ‘Yotes after they traded longtime netminder Mike Smith to the Calgary Flames this offseason. “Smitty’s” mask featured a Coyote, and Raanta went a similar route:
The “Wild West Locomotive Mask” features a Coyote riding a train that bears the No. 32, which leads one to believe that will be Raanta’s number in the desert.
But whatever the number is, the mask looks pretty fresh.
- NHL Western Conference Wild Card tracker: Coyotes making playoff push
- Darcy Kuemper’s 31 saves not enough as Coyotes fall to Devils in shootout
- Grabner, Coyotes set single-season record for shorthanded goals
- Coyotes get a point with OT loss; goal-scoring stats trending positive
- Vinnie Hinostroza nets hat trick in Coyotes’ win over Ducks