Coyotes goalie Antti Raanta tweets images of new mask
The Arizona Coyotes acquired a new goaltender this offseason, and with that comes a new goalie mask. Antti Raanta showed it off on Thursday.
Raanta comes to the Coyotes after the Rangers dealt him and center Derek Stepan to Arizona in exchange for No. 7 overall pick in this year’s draft and defenseman Anthony DeAngelo.
He figures to be the No. 1 goaltender for the ‘Yotes after they traded longtime netminder Mike Smith to the Calgary Flames this offseason. “Smitty’s” mask featured a Coyote, and Raanta went a similar route:
The “Wild West Locomotive Mask” features a Coyote riding a train that bears the No. 32, which leads one to believe that will be Raanta’s number in the desert.
But whatever the number is, the mask looks pretty fresh.
- ‘Yotes Notes: Raanta likely to return against Wild
- Coyotes hang with NHL’s top team, but fall to Nashville Predators
- Common tragedy forging greater bond between Tocchet, Ekman-Larsson
- Predators are elite: Just ask Coyotes Nik Hjalmarsson, Richard Panik
- Clayton Keller finding ‘second wind’ as Coyotes’ standout rookie