Coyotes goalie Antti Raanta tweets images of new mask
The Arizona Coyotes acquired a new goaltender this offseason, and with that comes a new goalie mask. Antti Raanta showed it off on Thursday.
Raanta comes to the Coyotes after the Rangers dealt him and center Derek Stepan to Arizona in exchange for No. 7 overall pick in this year’s draft and defenseman Anthony DeAngelo.
He figures to be the No. 1 goaltender for the ‘Yotes after they traded longtime netminder Mike Smith to the Calgary Flames this offseason. “Smitty’s” mask featured a Coyote, and Raanta went a similar route:
The “Wild West Locomotive Mask” features a Coyote riding a train that bears the No. 32, which leads one to believe that will be Raanta’s number in the desert.
But whatever the number is, the mask looks pretty fresh.
- Lightning offer Coyotes countless lessons in 4-1 win
- Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller ends drought with goal against Lightning
- Marquee week: Coyotes face NHL’s top team plus two-time defending champs
- Joel Hanley recalled from Tucson to bolster Coyotes blue line
- Coyotes GM John Chayka glad team comes home after a brutal road stretch