Diamondbacks trade pitching prospect Ryan Burr to White Sox
The Arizona Diamondbacks made a minor trade Friday, dealing pitching prospect Ryan Burr to the Chicago White Sox in return for international signing bonus pool money.
Per Baseball America, teams are given a bonus pool ranging from $4.75 million to $5.75 million for the international signing period. Teams are allowed to use that space as an asset and trade all of their space, while teams can acquire up to 75 percent of their original pool space.
The 23-year-old right-handed Burr was ranked as the 22nd best prospect for Arizona by MLB.com. He’s been pitching for Class A Visalia and Class A Kane County, going 2-2 with a 1.89 ERA in 39 appearances.
The former Arizona State Sun Devil was picked in the fifth round of the 2015 first-year player draft.
- D-backs RF Steven Souza Jr. receives good news, MRI shows pectoral strain
- Lovullo: Souza has right pectoral strain, likely to start season on DL
- Diamondbacks RHP Matt Koch optioned to Triple-A
- D-backs’ Souza exits Cactus League game after straining right shoulder
- Diamondbacks’ Zack Greinke: My groin is pretty good