Raiders’ Marshawn Lynch sits during anthem before Cardinals game
Oakland Raiders running back Marshawn Lynch sat during the Star Spangled Banner prior to the Raiders’ game against the Arizona Cardinals at University of Phoenix Stadium on Saturday.
Lynch’s act mirrors that of former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who sparked a national debate after he knelt during his the national anthem last season.
Lynch, 31, hasn’t played since 2015 but came out of retirement this season to join the Raiders. In nine NFL seasons, the former Super Bowl champion has been a five-time Pro Bowler and one-time All-Pro selection.
- Dealing Cards: Counting on Kerwynn Williams in absence of Peterson
- Cardinals place Adrian Peterson on IR, claim C.J. Goodwin off waivers
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Baker, Bethea are full-speed and ready to go
- Week 15 NFL Injury Report: Arizona Cardinals at Washington Redskins
- Cardinals activate Aaron Brewer from injured reserve list