Suns will hold camp in Flagstaff, scrimmage in Prescott Valley
The Phoenix Suns will hold training camp for the 2017-18 season on Sept. 26-28 at Northern Arizona University’s campus before holding an intra-squad scrimmage Friday, Sept. 29 in Prescott Valley.
Playing at the home of the G League affiliate, the Northern Arizona Suns, Phoenix will take part in the scrimmage that will be free to enter for fans at the Prescott Valley Event Center. It begins at 6:30 p.m.
“Through our strong relationship with the Phoenix Suns both on and off the court, we’re pleased to provide fans in the area a chance to witness the dedication and camaraderie displayed through great basketball, strong community integration and the ability to produce the best family-friendly environment around,” said NAZ Suns President Chris Presson in a statement. “We look forward to continue building the Suns’ brand in Prescott Valley and all of the Quad-City area and to showcase what fans can expect from both teams this season.”
The scrimmage will have open seating on a first-come, first-served basis. An autograph session will follow.
Fans can RSVP to the scrimmage on Suns.com and by doing so will be entered to win prizes, including autographed merchandise and regular season tickets to the opener on Oct. 18 at home against the Portland Trail Blazers.
Phoenix will open its preseason Oct. 9 against the Utah Jazz.
- McDonough: With four-player 2018 NBA Draft class, Suns addressed needs
- ‘No hard feelings’: After trade from 76ers, Bridges ‘happy’ to join Suns
- Colorado forward George King drafted by Suns 59th in NBA Draft
- For Deandre Ayton and Suns, NBA Draft night reveals brighter horizons
- Suns nab French guard Elie Okobo with 31st overall pick in NBA Draft