D-backs’ Ketel Marte leaves game with left hamstring tightness
Arizona Diamondbacks shortstop Ketel Marte exited the game against the San Francisco Giants on Saturday night with left hamstring tightness.
Marte flied out to right field in the bottom of the fifth but was replaced in the field at the beginning of the sixth inning.
Marte, traded this past offseason with Taijuan Walker from the Seattle Mariners, has played 44 games for the D-backs this season after starting the year in Triple-A Reno. He’s hit .258 for Arizona with four home runs and 14 RBI.
D-backs infielders Nick Ahmed and Chris Owings are already on the disabled list, so the middle infield situation in Arizona would only get thinner if Marte misses any time. However, manager Torey Lovullo said before the game Saturday that he’s optimistic Ahmed will return soon.
- Ketel Marte misses cycle as D-backs are outdueled by Dodgers
- D-backs starters benched, but offense comes through in win
- D-backs recall RHP Jake Barrett from Triple-A Reno
- D-backs’ Zack Greinke gives up four runs in loss to Houston
- D-backs’ Double-A affiliate Jackson wins Southern League championship