Arizona Coyotes fans share their favorite Shane Doan memories
Wednesday was an emotional day in the Arizona sports world as Arizona Coyotes captain Shane Doan retired after 21 years in the NHL, all with the same franchise.
Doan’s play was always inspiring, but fans who followed him closely know it was more about the way Doan acted off the ice that made him such a memorable member of the community.
Doan’s had a substantial impact on the youth hockey scene in Arizona, as evidenced by 19-year-old All-Star forward and Scottsdale native Auston Matthews’ tweet.
That made it no surprise when fans reached out with their favorite memories regarding Captain Coyote following the announcement of his retirement.
- Arizona sports teams, athletes offer Thanksgiving well wishes
- Arizona Coyotes recall goaltender Marek Langhamer from Tucson
- The 5: Things to be thankful for as an Arizona sports fan in 2017
- Another Antti Raanta injury clouds Coyotes’ immediate future
- Arizona Coyotes break short winning streak with loss to Sharks