Watch: Doan’s full post-retirement interview on Burns and Gambo
Calling it a career, Shane Doan leaves behind quite the legacy in Arizona.
The 21-year NHL vet never suited up for another franchise and became known simply as The Captain to Valley hockey fanatics. Through the ups and downs of an Arizona Coyotes team that moved to Phoenix, moved arenas, went bankrupt and at times looked poised to leave the state, Doan remained a constant.
So when Doan wrote a letter in The Arizona Republic to announce his decision to retire, it marked the end of an era — even if Doan had already moved on from his tenure with the Coyotes.
To discuss his decision, how he came to it and his future, Doan joined 98.7 FM, Arizona’s Sports Station on the set of Burns and Gambo at Sanderson Ford Wednesday.
- Raanta’s first shutout as a Coyote leads team to 4th straight win
- Is Coyotes forward Max Domi really on the trade block?
- Clayton Keller’s first four-point game sparks Coyotes to third straight win
- Coyotes’ Brendan Perlini scores two goals in less than 20 seconds
- ‘Yotes Notes: Blue line, Raanta driving Coyotes’ improved play