Diamondbacks recall Jimmie Sherfy from Triple-A Reno
The Arizona Diamondbacks announced Saturday that they have recalled RHP Jimmie Sherfy from Triple-A Reno.
The 25-year-old made his Major League debut on Aug. 20 and earned his first career win on Aug. 21. He was also named the Minor League Pitcher-of-the-Month for June.
In five Minor League seasons with the organization, Sherfy has gone 12-13 with a 3.96 ERA and made 66 saves.
The University of Oregon product is ranked No. 15 among the D-backs’ top prospects.
The roster limit has expanded to 40 players in the month of September and the team has already announced several call ups.
- D-backs add four pitchers to minor league deals
- D-backs’ Duplantier makes two lists of 2018’s top 100 MLB prospects
- ESPN: Yasmany Tomas has the D-backs’ worst contract
- ESPN’s Olney: Red Sox offered Martinez deal in range of $100 million
- D-backs avoid arbitration with 9 players including Ray, Lamb, Pollock