Diamondbacks recall Jimmie Sherfy from Triple-A Reno
The Arizona Diamondbacks announced Saturday that they have recalled RHP Jimmie Sherfy from Triple-A Reno.
The 25-year-old made his Major League debut on Aug. 20 and earned his first career win on Aug. 21. He was also named the Minor League Pitcher-of-the-Month for June.
In five Minor League seasons with the organization, Sherfy has gone 12-13 with a 3.96 ERA and made 66 saves.
The University of Oregon product is ranked No. 15 among the D-backs’ top prospects.
The roster limit has expanded to 40 players in the month of September and the team has already announced several call ups.
- Sedona Red Recap: D-backs’ loss to Miami puts playoff clinch on hold
- D-backs’ Magic Number Countdown
- Sedona Red Recap: D-backs beat Marlins in back-and-forth thriller
- D-backs’ Chris Iannetta launches grand slam against Marlins, has 8 RBI
- Challenger Space Center exhibit to highlight Diamondbacks STEM Showcase