Diamondbacks recall Jimmie Sherfy from Triple-A Reno
The Arizona Diamondbacks announced Saturday that they have recalled RHP Jimmie Sherfy from Triple-A Reno.
The 25-year-old made his Major League debut on Aug. 20 and earned his first career win on Aug. 21. He was also named the Minor League Pitcher-of-the-Month for June.
In five Minor League seasons with the organization, Sherfy has gone 12-13 with a 3.96 ERA and made 66 saves.
The University of Oregon product is ranked No. 15 among the D-backs’ top prospects.
The roster limit has expanded to 40 players in the month of September and the team has already announced several call ups.
- D-backs RF Steven Souza Jr. receives good news, MRI shows pectoral strain
- Lovullo: Souza has right pectoral strain, likely to start season on DL
- Diamondbacks RHP Matt Koch optioned to Triple-A
- D-backs’ Souza exits Cactus League game after straining right shoulder
- Diamondbacks’ Zack Greinke: My groin is pretty good