Diamondbacks recall Jimmie Sherfy from Triple-A Reno
The Arizona Diamondbacks announced Saturday that they have recalled RHP Jimmie Sherfy from Triple-A Reno.
The 25-year-old made his Major League debut on Aug. 20 and earned his first career win on Aug. 21. He was also named the Minor League Pitcher-of-the-Month for June.
In five Minor League seasons with the organization, Sherfy has gone 12-13 with a 3.96 ERA and made 66 saves.
The University of Oregon product is ranked No. 15 among the D-backs’ top prospects.
The roster limit has expanded to 40 players in the month of September and the team has already announced several call ups.
- NL West at All-Star break: Machado swings division in Dodgers’ favor
- All-Star SS Manny Machado traded to Los Angeles Dodgers
- Measuring D-backs pitcher Zack Godley’s decline in 2018
- Goldschmidt walks, Corbin and Greinke don’t pitch in All-Star Game
- Paul Goldschmidt gets start as DH in 2018 MLB All-Star Game