Diamondbacks recall Jimmie Sherfy from Triple-A Reno
The Arizona Diamondbacks announced Saturday that they have recalled RHP Jimmie Sherfy from Triple-A Reno.
The 25-year-old made his Major League debut on Aug. 20 and earned his first career win on Aug. 21. He was also named the Minor League Pitcher-of-the-Month for June.
In five Minor League seasons with the organization, Sherfy has gone 12-13 with a 3.96 ERA and made 66 saves.
The University of Oregon product is ranked No. 15 among the D-backs’ top prospects.
The roster limit has expanded to 40 players in the month of September and the team has already announced several call ups.
- Diamondbacks add left-hander Jared Miller to 40-man roster
- D-backs, MLB teams release New Era 2018 spring training hats
- The 5: Most thrilling debut seasons in Valley sports history
- D-backs’ Goldschmidt finishes third in NL MVP voting, Marlins’ Stanton wins
- J.D. Martinez’s agent keeps making hilarious metaphors