Cardinals practice squad includes Wright and Johnson, not Capi
The Arizona Cardinals announced eight recently-cut players had re-signed to their practice squad on Sunday.
Offensive lineman Dorian Johnson, the Cardinals’ 2017 fourth-round pick, and inside linebacker Scooby Wright III were among the notable players who had cleared waivers after not making the 53-man roster and re-joined Arizona.
Second-year defensive back and 2016 sixth-round draft pick Harlan Miller, who played two games last season and recorded seven tackles, also remains with the Cardinals.
Wide receiver Carlton Agudosi, cornerback Ryan Lewis, tight end Ricky Seals-Jones, running back James Summers and defensive tackle Pasoni Tasini rounded out the list of players joining Arizona’s practice squad.
One omission to the list was Cap Capi, who led the team in tackles during the preseason and appeared to be challenging for the fourth outside linebacker slot behind Markus Golden, Chandler Jones and Kareem Martin.
- Cardinals cut safety Harlan Miller, defensive tackle Peli Anau
- Cardinals place Rudy Ford on injured reserve, promote Harlan Miller
- Cardinals shuffle practice squad roster, release QB Mike Bercovici
- Cardinals sign QB Matt Barkley, elevate Harlan Miller to practice squad
- Cardinals promote Scooby Wright, add two to practice squad