It’s always a touchy thing to release a new jersey, new color-scheme or new logo.
Human beings tend to find change scary or uncomfortable, and when those human beings are rooting for a sports team, the nervousness is exaggerated exponentially.
So when the Seattle Seahawks released an alternate logo on Tuesday, it wasn’t well-received. Basically, the logo is of the same bird of the logos of old but reimagined from the angle looking straight at the feathered mascot.
It also looked like other things.
Actually, maybe this logo isn’t so bad. It does, at least, look like a bird.
It just makes us all realize we still don’t know what a real seahawk actually looks like.
- How the West Was Won Week 10: Rams cruise again
- Cardinals’ loss to Seahawks feels like official end of an era
- Big Red Recap: Cardinals never lead, fall to Seahawks again at home
- Rapid Reaction: Drops, missed throws haunt Cardinals in loss to Seahawks
- Opinions are mixed on the Cardinals’, Seahawks’ Color Rush uniforms