It’s always a touchy thing to release a new jersey, new color-scheme or new logo.
Human beings tend to find change scary or uncomfortable, and when those human beings are rooting for a sports team, the nervousness is exaggerated exponentially.
So when the Seattle Seahawks released an alternate logo on Tuesday, it wasn’t well-received. Basically, the logo is of the same bird of the logos of old but reimagined from the angle looking straight at the feathered mascot.
It also looked like other things.
Actually, maybe this logo isn’t so bad. It does, at least, look like a bird.
It just makes us all realize we still don’t know what a real seahawk actually looks like.
- Cards’ NFC West opponents upgrade offenses in first round of NFL Draft
- Arizona State’s Kalen Ballage could still go Day 2 in NFL Draft
- Free agency shuffles the NFC West, shifts the balance of power
- Cardinals free agent Jaron Brown agrees to one-year deal with Seattle
- Seattle Seahawks to release cornerback Richard Sherman