Panic time: David Johnson fantasy owners react to wrist injury
So this is close to a worst-case scenario. David Johnson left the Arizona Cardinals’ Week 1 loss to the Detroit Lions with a wrist injury and didn’t return after a third-quarter departure.
It’s bad for the Cardinals.
It’s bad for their fans.
And it’s also bad for fantasy football owners across the nation.
It caused widespread panic across the internet because Johnson, the third-year running back coming off an All-Pro year where he fell just shy of recording more than 1,000 rushing and 1,000 receiving yards, was widely considered a top-three draft pick in fantasy football.
Well, those lucky enough to select Johnson probably high up in their respective drafts were panicking as much as Arizona fans were as their Cardinals found themselves in an ugly battle with the Lions on Sunday.
The following memes were about fantasy owners.
But they also express the feelings of Arizona fans as they watched Detroit follow Johnson’s injury by scoring 20 straight points.
- Cardinals’ David Johnson donates to Boys and Girls Club of Metro Phoenix
- Arizona Sports Fantasy Host League: Week 11 preview
- The Consensus Week 11: Cardinals’ loss to Seahawks has little effect
- Arizona Sports Fantasy Football Host League: Week 10 recap
- ‘Happy day’: Cardinals’ David Johnson gets his cast off injured wrist