Trivia Tuesday: D-backs’ All-Time Strikeout Leaders
The old saying in baseball, thanks to a Nike commercial from the 90s starring Greg Maddux and Tom Glavine is “chicks dig the long ball.”
Pitching’s glamour stat is undoubtedly the strikeout. And since that’s the case, we thought we’d make the ‘K’ the central point of this week’s challenge.
You’ve got eight minutes to name the top 26 Arizona Diamondbacks pitchers in terms of career strikeouts. We’ve given you the number of Ks they’ve accumulated (complete through Monday night’s action). Any figure with an asterisk next to it indicates that the pitcher you’re looking for is a left-hander.
A couple of other hints — six of the pitchers were predominantly relievers and seven are currently on the roster.
- D-backs’ Ray has command issues in short outing against Angels
- Minor league teams take on new identities to celebrate diversity
- D-backs option Sherfy, Hazelbaker and Walker; release Bastardo
- Trivia Tuesday: Top American-born goal scorers in NHL history
- D-backs’ pitchers get shelled in loss to the White Sox