Cardinals bring back veteran running back Chris Johnson
The Arizona Cardinals are bringing back veteran running back Chris Johnson, as first reported by the Associated Press’ Robert Baum.
Head coach Bruce Arians said Monday that Johnson would “be an option.”
Kerwynn Williams, Andre Ellington and rookie Elijhaa Penny will also be in the mix.
Johnson rushed for 814 yards and three touchdowns in his first year with the team in 2015. In 2016, Johnson only played in four games before being placed on injured reserve because of a groin injury.
Johnson is less than 500 yards shy of 10,000 career rushing yards at 9,537. The mark has only been reached by 29 players in NFL history.
- Reports: Cardinals want interviews with Patriots’ Flores, Eagles’ DeFilippo
- NFL head coaching job tracker: Titans hire Mike Vrabel to replace Mularkey
- Armstrong, Wilks complete second interviews as Cards’ search rolls on
- Arians endorses Bettcher, Armstrong for Cardinals’ head coaching job
- PFF: Budda Baker a top performer among 2017 second rounders