Arizona Cardinals re-sign linebacker Scooby Wright to practice squad
The Arizona Cardinals re-signed former University of Arizona linebacker Scooby Wright to the practice squad Wednesday.
Wright, The 2016 seventh-round pick by the Cleveland Browns signed with the Cardinals in December of 2016, but was cut to make way for the 53-man roster and signed to the team’s practice squad this year.
Linebacker Philip Wheeler was originally on the 53-man roster, but due to his contract situation, he was released by the team. If Wheeler would have suited up, his $695,000 contract would have been guaranteed. Wright was signed to take his place on the active roster on Sept. 8 prior to week one’s showdown against the Detroit Lions, but was inactive for the game.
The Cardinals flip-flopped that move on Monday by re-signing Wheeler and releasing Wright.
In five preseason games with Arizona, Wright totaled 18 tackles and forced a fumble.
- Former Arizona Cardinals QB Mike Glennon signs with Oakland Raiders
- Arizona Sports NFL Mock Draft Tracker: Who’s next for the Cards at No. 1?
- Pro Football Focus: Cardinals need to win the 2019 draft
- Chandler Jones visits local school as part of anti-bullying campaign
- Cardinals officially sign former Los Angeles Chargers DT Darius Philon