Vinny and Skinny: Cardinals’ injuries and the running back situation
Every week, “Vinny and Skinny” will break down the Cardinals’ previous game and look ahead at their upcoming matchup.
Vince Marotta and Mike Jurecki sat down and discussed the Arizona Cardinals’ recent injuries and what they might do at running back after struggling on the ground in Week 1 and losing David Johnson for an extended amount of time.
Is the team turning to a running back by committee situation or is there a clear cut favorite to take over the lead role?
“It’s going to be very interesting how they are going to approach this,” Jurecki said. “You don’t replace a guy that was close to 2,000 yards last year.”
How does the offensive line improve moving forward?
“D.J. Humphries is not going to go this week against the Colts, it looks like John Wetzel will be there for at least the next couple of weeks,” Marotta said. “Does it matter who the running back is if there’s nowhere to run?”
You can also “like” Arizona Sports on Facebook and see Vinny and Skinny broadcast live.
- Spring training preview: Marotta and Doug talk D-backs
- Jurecki: Cardinals’ Blaine Gabbert expected to start Sunday vs. Houston
- Vinny and Skinny: Injuries to the O-line piling up for Cardinals
- Vinny and Skinny: Cardinals edge out Colts, Cowboys up next
- Arizona Sports Fantasy Football Host League: Week 2 recap