Arizona Cardinals to start Kerwynn Williams at running back in Week 2
The Arizona Cardinals will lean on Kerwynn Williams as their lead back going into their Week 2 matchup with the Indianapolis Colts.
The announcement comes after starting running back David Johnson was forced out of Week 1’s contest and beyond with a wrist injury. Williams finished with five carries for 10 yards and a touchdown. He also caught one pass for two yards.
In 22 games as a running back, Williams has 555 yards and four touchdowns.
Williams, who is the team’s primary returner on special teams, will still handle the duties.
- Mom’s the word: Mothers run routes, learn safety at Cardinals camp
- Super Bowl coming back to Arizona in 2023
- Two Cardinals veterans express skepticism over new anthem policy
- ‘Mindset of a vet’: Cardinals rookie QB Rosen is no long shot to be starter
- Carson Palmer on Josh Rosen: ‘His college film was phenomenal’