Arizona Cardinals to start Kerwynn Williams at running back in Week 2
The Arizona Cardinals will lean on Kerwynn Williams as their lead back going into their Week 2 matchup with the Indianapolis Colts.
The announcement comes after starting running back David Johnson was forced out of Week 1’s contest and beyond with a wrist injury. Williams finished with five carries for 10 yards and a touchdown. He also caught one pass for two yards.
In 22 games as a running back, Williams has 555 yards and four touchdowns.
Williams, who is the team’s primary returner on special teams, will still handle the duties.
- Cardinals’ loss to Cowboys had quite the familiar feel
- Cardinals notes: Dallas, Arizona join arms in show of unity on MNF
- Big Red Recap: Despite Fitzgerald’s big night, Cardinals can’t fend off Cowboys
- Larry Fitzgerald rips pass away from Cowboys DB for first down
- Cardinals jump on Cowboys before pace slows in first half