Arizona Cardinals to start Kerwynn Williams at running back in Week 2
The Arizona Cardinals will lean on Kerwynn Williams as their lead back going into their Week 2 matchup with the Indianapolis Colts.
The announcement comes after starting running back David Johnson was forced out of Week 1’s contest and beyond with a wrist injury. Williams finished with five carries for 10 yards and a touchdown. He also caught one pass for two yards.
In 22 games as a running back, Williams has 555 yards and four touchdowns.
Williams, who is the team’s primary returner on special teams, will still handle the duties.
- Blaine Gabbert has an opportunity to quiet the naysayers in Houston
- Behind Enemy Lines: Texans host Cardinals in midst of three-game skid
- Budda Baker going from understudy to a critical part of the defense
- Clayton: Fitzgerald signing is independent from Arians and Palmer
- Dealing Cards: Fitzgerald retirement talk put on hold, ‘where’s Clowney?’