D-backs’ Magic Number Countdown
The Arizona Diamondbacks’ magic number is now zero; They’re going to the playoffs.
Following their walk-off win over the Marlins on Sunday, the D-backs are 90-66 and lead the Rockies by 6 games for the top National League Wild Card spot.
The D-backs clinched while Sunday’s game was still in progress by virtue of losses by the Cardinals and Brewers.
The Diamondbacks have now made the postseason six times in their history. However, they’ve never made it as a Wild Card before. Arizona won the National League West in 1999, 2001, 2002, 2007 and 2011.
- D-backs make five roster moves, send Socrates Brito to Triple-A
- D-backs’ Robbie Ray throws strong outing with Opening Day a possibility
- D-backs uncertain about Zack Greinke’s status for Opening Day
- Portillo’s and Dutch Bros join food options for D-backs at Chase Field
- Tai’s Taco truck hands out free tacos courtesy of D-backs’ Walker