Suns plan to relive special moments with ‘Decade Nights’
The Phoenix Suns are bringing some nostalgia to Talking Stick Resort Arena by using theme nights to elicit fond memories of the team.
The Suns announced their theme night schedule and item giveaways for the upcoming season, and “Decade Nights” are among the standouts on the list.
The Suns are celebrating their 50th season as a franchise by taking special nights throughout their season and paying homage to each decade of the team’s existence.
Each “Decade Night” comes with a different bobblehead of a Suns legend.
The first “Decade Night” (1960s-1970s) will be Nov. 10 against the Orlando Magic and will feature Connie Hawkins as the bobblehead giveaway will only be given to the first 5,000 fans.
The next “Decade Night” (1980s) will be Dec. 9 against the San Antonio Spurs where Tom Chambers bobbleheads will be given to early-arriving fans. The featured bobbleheads for the 1990s, 2000s and 2010s have not been announced.
Phoenix also announced the rest of its theme nights, including College Night, Superhero Day, Fiesta Night and Kids Day. Highlights of the special giveaways besides bobbleheads include a ’93 Finals Rally Towel, Ugly Sweater T-Shirts, ’95 NBA All-Star Jersey Tank and Sombreros.
The Suns start the season Oct. 18 at home against the Portland Trailblazers.
- Arizona sports teams, athletes offer Thanksgiving well wishes
- The 5: Things to be thankful for as an Arizona sports fan in 2017
- Booker’s late heroics can’t bring Suns win in Bledsoe’s return to Phoenix
- McDonough: Suns have options to open roster spot for Mike James
- Bucks’ Bledsoe returns to Phoenix, hasn’t ‘said one bad thing’ about Suns