Report: Colts to start Jacoby Brissett at QB vs. Cardinals
The Arizona Cardinals will be in Indianapolis for their Week 2 matchup against the Colts on Sunday, and they may have just learned who will be under center for their opponent.
According to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport, head coach Chuck Pagano will tab Jacoby Brissett to start, while Scott Tolzien — who started in the Colts’ Week 1 loss — will sit.
Brissett was drafted by the New England Patriots in the third round (91st overall) of the 2016 draft after playing college ball at Florida and North Carolina State. In four career games over two seasons (two starts), the 23-year-old has completed 62 percent of his passes with no touchdowns nor interceptions. His career passer rating is 112.8 in 58 passing attempts.
The Colts fell 46-9 at the Rams in Week 1, and Tolzien was removed after completing 9-of-18 passes with zero touchdowns, two interceptions and a 33.8 passer rating.
Tolzien and Brissett have filled in while the Colts’ franchise QB Andrew Luck is out with a shoulder injury.
Kickoff for the Cardinals and Colts game on Sunday is slated for 10 a.m.
- The Consensus Week 14: Cardinals jump after upset win at Lambeau
- Humphries, Williams and Bucannon out for Cardinals against Green Bay
- Cardinals’ Coleman shares unique journey with deaf students
- Relive ASU’s Territorial Cup win with a 98.7 FM special Wednesday night
- The Consensus Week 13: How did the Cardinals move up?