Phoenix Suns release ‘statement’ black alternate jersey for new season
The Phoenix Suns released their third new jersey for the 2017-18 season Friday, the black alternates.
The uniform in eclipse black features a gray “PHX” wordmark on the front with the classic team colors of purple elsewhere throughout the uniform.
The jersey follows the same theme of their “association” edition jersey and “icon” edition jersey, this time with the “statement” edition.
The team will debut the jerseys on Nov. 24, which is also Black Friday.
The “statement’ editions for each team are “inspired by teams’ desire to make a bold statement the moment they step on the court,” according to a press release.
The “statement” edition jersey for each team was revealed at the NBA’s Nike event by a member of each team. Suns point guard Eric Bledsoe was the representative for the team.
Images of a digital version of the jersey leaked through the new NBA 2K video game earlier in the week and confirm the look.
A “community” Suns uniform combination along with the “classic” look that is expected to honor Phoenix’s first look from 1968-73 are the two jerseys yet to be unveiled.
Home teams will determine what jerseys they will wear at their games.
For those looking to purchase the new jersey, you can sign up on the team’s website.
- NBA Draft Lottery positioning update: Suns take over No. 1 spot
- NBA Draft Lottery odds tracker: Suns sniffing three first-round picks
- Suns Strokes: Josh Jackson’s big night not enough as Suns fall to Warriors
- Suns’ Chriss, Dudley fined by NBA for altercation against Utah
- Suns recall big man Alan Williams from Northern Arizona