Young fan takes cupcake to OSU QB after hit puts him in hospital
Football is a dangerous sport.
Just ask Oregon State quarterback Jake Luton.
During OSU’s 52-23 loss to Washington State over the weekend, Luton was awkwardly hit which left him unconscious. He was carried off the field on a stretcher and transferred to a nearby hospital with a thoracic spine fracture.
That’s where Silas comes in.
The young fan watched Luton take the shot on television and jumped up wanting to help.
Silas and his mother showed up to the hospital where Luton was admitted with a cupcake in hand to help ease the quarterback’s pain.
And while the cupcake was a small gesture, Luton will never forget what young Silas did.
“I won’t remember every play and every game I’ve been a part of; but I will always remember you, and the love and kindness that you showed me on that night,” Luton said in his Twitter post.
Way to go Silas.
- Houston Texans’ JJ Watt donates $10K to family of fallen firefighter
- Washington rookie RB Derrius Guice surprises mom with new ride
- 49ers’ Marquise Goodwin surprises mother, sister with new home
- Nets’ Allen Crabbe saves former school with large donation
- Orioles honor Maryland newspaper shooting victims with touching tribute