Diaper-donning Blaine Gabbert lost the Cardinals’ QB challenge
Blaine Gabbert probably won’t get to play against his former team, the San Francisco 49ers. He’s the Arizona Cardinals’ third-string quarterback, after all.
Not only wouldn’t he get a chance to exact revenge on the Niners; he got embarrassed before Arizona hosted the NFC West rivals in Week 4.
Gabbert apparently lost this week’s quarterback challenge, and as a result, he was warming up in a diaper and matching shirt and baby bonnet combination.
Last season, Gabbert appeared in six games for San Francisco, including a one-touchdown, two-interception performance against the Cardinals. Arizona won that game, 33-21, with backup quarterback Drew Stanton under center, and the 49ers benched Gabbert for Colin Kaepernick the next week.
Now Stanton’s teammate, Gabbert is apparently still struggling to keep up with the vet in their weekly competition.
- Arizona Cardinals receive three compensatory draft picks
- New Cardinals OL coach Ray Brown brings passion, experience
- ESPN’s Sando: Cardinals’ situation might not rule out hefty Cousins’ price
- McCoy, Leftwich provide insight on desirable traits for new QB
- NFL.com’s Rosenthal: Cardinals’ Mathieu a trade candidate to watch