Suns complete fourth-quarter comeback to beat Blazers
T.J. Warren scored 23 points and the Suns rallied with a 41-point fourth quarter in Portland to pick up a 114-112 win in their first preseason game.
The fourth-quarter comeback was led by a unit composed of Mike James, Troy Daniels, Warren, Dragan Bender and Alex Len. Daniels got hot late, finishing with 15 points and James had 12 points, including a powerful dunk to seal the game late.
“James has been everywhere!” 😳 pic.twitter.com/etA1jIepZx
— NBA TV (@NBATV) October 4, 2017
Damian Lillard had 18 points for the Trail Blazers.
No. 4 overall selection Josh Jackson scored 14 points, Devin Booker had 19 points and Len finished with 14 points and 14 rebounds.
Rookie Caleb Swanigan scored 18 points for Portland, while fellow rookie Zach Collins was limited to five points but had a team-high eight rebounds. Jusuf Nurkic had 16 points and C.J. McCollum shot just 4-for-13 for his 10 points.
UP NEXT: Phoenix (1-0) visits Utah on Friday. Portland (0-1) hosts Toronto on Thursday.
- Contract guarantee date on Suns PG Tyler Ulis is extended
- Suns’ latest NBA Draft choices add on more decisions for crucial offseason
- Fast friends Deandre Ayton, Mikal Bridges now teammates with Suns
- Suns give fans a look into the NBA Draft war room
- NBA Draft grades: Suns get mostly high marks by nabbing Ayton, Bridges