Diamondbacks overhaul infield in NLDS Game 2 lineup
The Arizona Diamondbacks’ offense wasn’t necessarily to blame for their loss in Game 1 of the NLDS to the Los Angeles Dodgers.
However, the D-backs lineup will look drastically different starting NLDS Game 2.
The first four spots in the lineup remain the same (David Peralta, A.J. Pollock, Paul Goldschimdt and J.D. Martinez). Over the next five spots, only one player is constant from Game 1 to Game 2 (Ketel Marte).
Daniel Descalso will start at second base and bat fifth, taking over for Brandon Drury, who went 0-for-4 with two strikeouts in Game 1.
Chris Iannetta will catch for starting pitcher Robbie Ray and bat sixth. Jeff Mathis started behind the plate on Friday and batted 1-for-3 with a walk and a RBI.
Jake Lamb takes over his starting spot at third base, batting seventh. Lamb was 4-for-5 in the National League Wild Card Game against the Colorado Rockies. Adam Rosales started at 3B Friday and finished 0-for-2.
Marte and Ray round out the list.
So to start Game 2, the hot corner and a spot up the middle is different, plus a change behind the plate.
Tune in to 98.7 FM Arizona’s Sports Station, your exclusive home for Arizona Diamondbacks playoff baseball.
- Cubs’ Maddon on Goldschmidt trade: ‘I don’t like the Diamondbacks’
- Report: D-backs eyeing Jackie Bradley Jr. as potential Pollock replacement
- Reports: Ketel Marte could play CF for D-backs, Jake Lamb to 1B
- Gomez: D-backs’ financial mishaps made Goldschmidt trade inevitable
- Washington Nationals introduce Patrick Corbin, make signing official