Cardinals sign DL Anau to practice squad after releasing LB Dora
The Arizona Cardinals released linebacker Vontarrius Dora from the practice squad and added defensive lineman Peli Anau on Monday.
Anau signed with the Cardinals as an undrafted rookie out of Northern Arizona before they released him on Sept. 2.
A Phoenix native who went to Horizon High School, Anau was an FCS All-American who recorded 55 tackles and a Big Sky Conference-leading 8.5 sacks as a senior. He added 15 tackles for loss and three forced fumbles for the Lumberjacks.
98.7 FM Arizona’s Sports Station’s Mike Jurecki reported Saturday that Arizona had terminated Dora’s practice squad contract. The Louisiana Tech product recorded 147 tackles and 13.5 sacks in four years in college. He was signed by the Denver Broncos after going undrafted in 2016 and spent 13 weeks on their practice squad.
Dora joined Arizona’s practice squad on Oct. 4.
- Offseason pickups Bynes, Williams play big roles for Cardinals vs. Titans
- Cardinals’ victory over Titans won’t win any beauty contests, but that’s OK
- Rapid Reaction: By beating Titans, Cardinals show fight
- Big Red Recap: Cardinals grind out win over Titans behind stout defense
- Larry Fitzgerald passes Randy Moss for third in NFL career receiving yards