Arizona Coyotes assign forward Michael Sislo to Tucson Roadrunners
The Arizona Coyotes announced Friday they had sent forward Michael Sislo back to the AHL Tucson Roadrunners. He was recalled on Tuesday.
Sislo, 29, did not appear in either of the two games the Coyotes played while he was on the roster. He has played in nine games this year already for the Roadrunners, scoring four goals with two assists and a +4 plus-minus rating.
Head coach Rick Tocchet told the Coyotes’ Dave Vest on Tuesday that Sislo was recalled “just in case,” because a few players on the team were nursing minor ailments.
A corresponding move for Sislo’s demotion was not immediately announced. The corresponding move for his call-up on Tuesday was the re-assigning of goaltender Louis Domingue, who had only been on the Coyotes roster as part of what 98.7 FM Arizona’s Sports Station’s Craig Morgan called a “paper transaction.”
Arizona’s next game is on Saturday at 8 p.m. against the Winnipeg Jets at Gila River Arena.
- University of Arizona hires Kevin Sumlin as head football coach
- Report: Sumlin plans to retain DC Yates, add Mazzone as Arizona OC
- Coyotes hope Duclair trade can trigger reversal of fortunes
- Holder, Trier and Ayton make midseason top 25 Wooden Award list
- Coyotes’ GM Chayka: Duclair trade about finding ‘coachable’ players