PHOENIX — Joshua Braun scored 22 of his 29 points in the first half and Grand Canyon cruised to a 76-51 victory over Little Rock on Saturday night.
Braun didn’t miss a shot in the first half, shooting 8-of-8 from the floor with five 3-pointers and a free throw. He finished 9-of-11 shooting from the field. Casey Benson added 10 points for Grand Canyon (3-0). Fiifi Aidoo had eight points, shooting just 1-of-6 from the floor but was 6-of-6 from the line.
Andre Jones scored 11 points to lead Little Rock (0-3).
The Antelopes led 15-12 and used a 22-4 run to stretch the lead to 37-16. Braun scored 11 points and the Trojans missed seven field goals during the stretch. Grand Canyon led 42-23 at the break and cruised from there.
Grand Canyon shot 51 percent from the field compared to the Trojans’ 27-percent shooting.
- Arizona talent ‘bursts back on the scene’ with strong MLB draft
- Grand Canyon will face Nevada in inaugural Jerry Colangelo classic
- Former colleagues Gentry, Majerle laud Suns’ hire of Kokoskov
- GCU’s Dan Majerle explains his stance on declining Suns’ initial interest
- Grand Canyon accepts invitation to the 16-team CBI Tournament