Diamondbacks add left-hander Jared Miller to 40-man roster
The Arizona Diamondbacks made a roster move Monday, adding left-handed reliever Jared Miller to the 40-man roster.
The 24-year-old had a 2.93 ERA in 70.2 innings between Double-A Jackson and Triple-A Reno in 2017. When he moved up with the Aces, his ERA was 1.72 over 31.1 innings.
Miller was converted from a starting pitcher to a reliever prior to the 2016 season. In 2016, he made the Arizona Fall League’s All-Prospect team.
He was selected by the D-backs in the 11th round of the 2014 MLB Draft out of Vanderbilt University and is rated the team’s No. 17 prospect by MLB.com.
With the addition of Miller, Arizona’s 40-man roster is now at 38.
- Rays beat writer on Steven Souza: Made big strides in 2017 as hitter
- Arizona Diamondbacks ‘happy’ for their former outfielder, J.D. Martinez
- Lovullo on Jarrod Dyson: ‘He’s not a fourth outfielder, he’s more than that’
- D-backs acquire outfielder Steven Souza from Tampa, send Drury to NY
- D-backs manager Lovullo on Yasmany Tomas: ‘It’s a blank canvas for me’