Coyotes to honor D-backs manager Torey Lovullo in pregame ceremony
The Arizona Coyotes announced Monday they plan to honor Arizona Diamondbacks manager Torey Lovullo during a pregame ceremony.
The recognition comes after the skipper was named National League Manager of the Year this month and will take place with a ceremonial puck drop prior to Saturday night’s game against the New Jersey Devils.
Lovullo led the D-backs to a 93-69 record during this year’s regular season as his team clinched a playoff berth and advanced to the National League Division Series following their win in the NL Wild Card game.
“It was an incredible year and these are the types of things and the time of the year were you stop and slow things down and reflect on it,” Lovullo told Burns & Gambo on 98.7 FM Arizona’s Sports Station this month. “I guess what it means is that we were a pretty good team.”
The Coyotes game on Saturday will begin at 6 p.m. and comes as the team returns home from a two-game road trip.
- Rays beat writer on Steven Souza: Made big strides in 2017 as hitter
- Arizona Diamondbacks ‘happy’ for their former outfielder, J.D. Martinez
- Lovullo on Jarrod Dyson: ‘He’s not a fourth outfielder, he’s more than that’
- D-backs acquire outfielder Steven Souza from Tampa, send Drury to NY
- D-backs manager Lovullo on Yasmany Tomas: ‘It’s a blank canvas for me’