Northern Arizona has first 0-7 start to a season in over 60 years
SANTA CLARA, Calif. — KJ Feagin hit four 3-pointers and scored all 16 of his points in the first half, and Santa Clara never trailed in beating Northern Arizona 89-57 on Thursday night for the Lumberjacks’ first 0-7 start to a season since 1951-52.
Henry Caruso scored 13 with five of 23 Santa Clara assists, Josip Vrankic added 15 points, and Emmanuel Ndumanya scored 10. The Broncos (2-5) made a season-high 17 3-pointers and scored 31 points off of 20 Lumberjacks turnovers.
Shaquille Walters’ 3-pointer capped a 13-5 run and Santa Clara led 59-27 with 12:59 to play while Northern Arizona went seven minutes without a field goal. The Broncos led by as many as 37.
Ndumanya made back-to-back layups and Feagin hit consecutive 3s in Santa Clara’s opening 12-2 run. Caruso scored seven in an 11-0 run while the Lumberjacks went scoreless for 2 ½ minutes. The Broncos shot 58 percent in the first half and led 46-22 at the break.
Corey Brown scored a career-high 14, JoJo Anderson added 13 and Brooks Debisschop had 10 for Northern Arizona.
- Northern Colorado whips Northern Arizona for first win
- Arizona universities to address lack of women coaching women’s sports
- Randall’s two touchdowns help power Missouri State past NAU
- Northern Arizona drops third straight game in loss to Eastern Washington
- Northern Arizona falls on the road to Idaho