Army unveils World War II-inspired uniforms for Army-Navy game
Army has matched Navy in the uniform department ahead of the always anticipated matchup.
After Navy revealed blue uniforms inspired by the Blue Angels with special helmets, Army had their turn up taking inspiration.
The team’s website gives the background information behind the uniforms.
The 2017 Army-Navy Uniform tells the story of the soldiers of the 10th Mountain Division and their birth in the winter warfare of World War II. The specialty of the 10th Mountain Division is to conquer the land. They fight on the harshest terrain, in any climate, anywhere in the world, to protect and defend the United States of America. We honor the past by re-telling the story of the “Climb to Glory.”
“Climb to Glory” is the motto of the division.
They will also have gear with the Pando Commando Patch, the logo for the 10th Light Division in Pando, Colo. that features the mascot, a panda bear.
The annual Army-Navy clash takes place Saturday at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia.
- Navy debuts new uniforms inspired by Blue Angels for Army-Navy game
- Edmonton Oil Kings’ Star Wars jerseys are super nerdy and awesome
- ASU honors Pat Tillman, vets with ‘Brotherhood’ uniforms
- Suns honor Connie Hawkins with opening night throwback jerseys
- Florida Gators unveil gator-like uniforms and they’re … interesting