Army unveils World War II-inspired uniforms for Army-Navy game
Army has matched Navy in the uniform department ahead of the always anticipated matchup.
After Navy revealed blue uniforms inspired by the Blue Angels with special helmets, Army had their turn up taking inspiration.
The team’s website gives the background information behind the uniforms.
The 2017 Army-Navy Uniform tells the story of the soldiers of the 10th Mountain Division and their birth in the winter warfare of World War II. The specialty of the 10th Mountain Division is to conquer the land. They fight on the harshest terrain, in any climate, anywhere in the world, to protect and defend the United States of America. We honor the past by re-telling the story of the “Climb to Glory.”
“Climb to Glory” is the motto of the division.
They will also have gear with the Pando Commando Patch, the logo for the 10th Light Division in Pando, Colo. that features the mascot, a panda bear.
The annual Army-Navy clash takes place Saturday at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia.
- Class A Padres affiliate celebrating 80s night with Pac-Man jerseys
- Diamondbacks rock a lighter shade of red for Mother’s Day
- Reno Aces celebrate Star Wars Night with Millennium Falcon jerseys
- Playing through: Veterans find relief from PTSD on golf course
- Diamondbacks get festive with 2018 holiday uniforms, hats and socks