Coyotes assign goalie Marek Langhamer to Tucson
Goaltender Marek Langhamer will rejoin the AHL Tucson Roadrunners after the Arizona Coyotes reassigned him on Tuesday.
The move comes as a sign that Coyotes starter Antti Raanta could be close to a return after sitting out since Nov. 22 with an upper-body injury.
The 23-year-old Langhamer made one appearance for the NHL team this season and recorded 10 saves without allowing a goal in 29 minutes.
Scott Wedgewood joins Raanta as the only other goalie remaining on Arizona’s roster. In place of Raanta, the 25-year-old has recorded a .924 save percentage in six starts since the starter’s injury.
Raanta has gone 4-5-2 in net for the Coyotes (7-18-5) with a .914 save percentage while fighting through injuries this season.
- Arizona Coyotes sign 2017 draft pick Nathan Schnarr to entry-level deal
- Chayka, other Coyotes connections make Athletic’s ‘Top 40 under 40’
- Arizona Coyotes starting goalie Antti Raanta out indefinitely
- Arizona Coyotes’ 2nd straight loss wasn’t for lack of effort vs. Sharks
- Arizona Coyotes forward Vinnie Hinostroza placed on injured reserve