Coyotes assign goalie Marek Langhamer to Tucson
Goaltender Marek Langhamer will rejoin the AHL Tucson Roadrunners after the Arizona Coyotes reassigned him on Tuesday.
The move comes as a sign that Coyotes starter Antti Raanta could be close to a return after sitting out since Nov. 22 with an upper-body injury.
The 23-year-old Langhamer made one appearance for the NHL team this season and recorded 10 saves without allowing a goal in 29 minutes.
Scott Wedgewood joins Raanta as the only other goalie remaining on Arizona’s roster. In place of Raanta, the 25-year-old has recorded a .924 save percentage in six starts since the starter’s injury.
Raanta has gone 4-5-2 in net for the Coyotes (7-18-5) with a .914 save percentage while fighting through injuries this season.
- Joel Hanley recalled from Tucson to bolster Coyotes blue line
- Coyotes GM John Chayka glad team comes home after a brutal road stretch
- Coyotes give up late goals in loss to Blackhawks
- Bobrovsky stops 35 shots as Blue Jackets beat Coyotes
- ‘Yotes Notes: Coyotes’ grueling road schedule ends this weekend