Arizona Coyotes send defenseman Joel Hanley to AHL Tucson
The Arizona Coyotes have reassigned defenseman Joel Hanley to the Tucson Roadrunners (AHL) after he cleared waivers on Tuesday.
Hanley, 26, was placed on waivers on Monday as the team recalled defenseman Kyle Capobianco from the Roadrunners. Hanley cleared waivers, making him eligible for demotion to the AHL.
In four games this year with the Coyotes, Hanley didn’t register a point as he averaged 10:45 of ice time.
The Coyotes’ next game is in Boston on Thursday against the Bruins, a team they faced at home earlier this season. Arizona lost 6-2. Should Capobianco play in Beantown, he’ll be making his NHL debut.
From there, the Coyotes will go to Columbus to play the Blue Jackets on Saturday, followed by a Sunday affair in Chicago against the Blackhawks.
In 17 games with the Roadrunners this year, Capobianco has two goals and 12 assists in 17 games with a +8 plus-minus rating and 12 penalty minutes.
- Joel Hanley recalled from Tucson to bolster Coyotes blue line
- Coyotes GM John Chayka glad team comes home after a brutal road stretch
- Coyotes give up late goals in loss to Blackhawks
- Bobrovsky stops 35 shots as Blue Jackets beat Coyotes
- ‘Yotes Notes: Coyotes’ grueling road schedule ends this weekend