Cardinals place Rudy Ford on injured reserve, promote Harlan Miller
Arizona Cardinals safety Harlan Miller will join the active roster as the team placed rookie safety Rudy Ford (knee) on injured reserve Thursday. The Cardinals also added safety K.J. Dillon to the practice squad.
Ford has been active in 10 of the Cardinals’ 12 games and was a special teams player who recorded five tackles. The safety out of Auburn was drafted in the sixth round.
Miller has made one appearance this year against the Jacksonville Jaguars before he was cut.
After clearing waivers, the second-year safety, a sixth-round pick out of Southeastern Louisiana, was re-signed to Arizona’s practice squad.
Miller recorded seven tackles last season, adding an interception and one pass defensed.
Dillon appeared in five games for the Houston Texans as a rookie last year before an injury ended his season. The fifth-round pick out of West Virginia was released by Houston on Sept. 2.
- High school players learn skills, lifestyle tips at Cardinals youth camp
- Arizona Cardinals release cornerback Marcus Williams
- Reports: NFL to vote on Arizona hosting Super Bowl LVII
- How do the Vegas Golden Knights compare to Arizona expansion teams?
- ESPN: Confidence level of Cardinals QB depth chart low