Video game appears to leak image of fifth Phoenix Suns jersey
Once again, a video game has leaked NBA jersey design information.
As part of the NBA’s switchover to Nike as the league’s official uniform supplier, each franchise will have an City Edition alternate jersey. No team has worn these jerseys yet. In fact, save for a few teams, most of the designs hadn’t been seen before they were leaked by the video game NBA 2K18 Thursday.
And that leak looks to be accidental. According to graphic designer Conrad Burry of Sportslogos.net, the game’s designers made the City Edition threads available as an option to players, but then quickly updated the system to remove them.
Anyhow, the Suns’ fifth jersey appears to be one of the more tame designs in the league. It’s dark purple, with white lettering and a bit of lighter purple trim around the neckline. The big change is that the team name is ‘Los Suns’ — a nod to the Latino influence in the Phoenix area and presumably to be worn on the several “Latin Nights” the team celebrates throughout the season.
Gamer Chris Shaull captured images of 28 of the alternate jerseys, which can be viewed here.
- Empire of the Suns trade deadline preview: Greg Monroe
- Devin Booker hits jumper over Jamal Murray, steals his arrow celebration
- Suns need to heavily consider trading for Kemba Walker, just not yet
- Now an All-Star, Embiid is ‘onto the next one’ when it comes to Rihanna
- Phoenix Suns still without Chriss, expected to welcome back Warren