Video game appears to leak image of fifth Phoenix Suns jersey
Once again, a video game has leaked NBA jersey design information.
As part of the NBA’s switchover to Nike as the league’s official uniform supplier, each franchise will have an City Edition alternate jersey. No team has worn these jerseys yet. In fact, save for a few teams, most of the designs hadn’t been seen before they were leaked by the video game NBA 2K18 Thursday.
And that leak looks to be accidental. According to graphic designer Conrad Burry of Sportslogos.net, the game’s designers made the City Edition threads available as an option to players, but then quickly updated the system to remove them.
Anyhow, the Suns’ fifth jersey appears to be one of the more tame designs in the league. It’s dark purple, with white lettering and a bit of lighter purple trim around the neckline. The big change is that the team name is ‘Los Suns’ — a nod to the Latino influence in the Phoenix area and presumably to be worn on the several “Latin Nights” the team celebrates throughout the season.
Gamer Chris Shaull captured images of 28 of the alternate jerseys, which can be viewed here.
- For perhaps the final time, Jared Dudley is moving on from Phoenix
- Phoenix Suns trade for Philadelphia forward/center Richaun Holmes
- Suns to fully guarantee Davon Reed, plan to keep Shaquille Harrison
- Phoenix Suns trade forward Jared Dudley to Brooklyn Nets
- NBA offseason review: Suns face even more impossible Western Conference