Ronde Barber referred to Washington CB Kendall Fuller as Kendall Jenner
Despite all the blown opportunities, the Arizona Cardinals had a final chance to make things right.
Nearly two minutes remained. They had the ball at their own 48-yard line, and quarterback Blaine Gabbert had them marching. Well, according to FOX Sports analyst Ronde Barber, Kendall Jenner was helping out.
Ronde Barber called Kendall Fuller “Kendall Jenner” pic.twitter.com/E08mHb1tus
— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) December 17, 2017
Barber probably meant Kendall Fuller, a Washington Redskins cornerback who was flagged for a key pass interference penalty defending Larry Fitzgerald.
But not once did Barber get it wrong: Twice he referred to the football player as the reality TV star and member of the Kardashian clan.
Barber has had a rough
season career in the booth, and it hasn’t been limited to Cardinals games he’s called.
Names are one of the most important things he should study being in his profession, but names are the thing that apparently challenge him the most. Earlier this season, he referred to Arizona linebacker Karlos Dansby as Carlos Dunlap.
Back to letting his mind wander it was this past Sunday.
- Cardinals OC swap to Leftwich comes with Rosen, Johnson in mind
- Cardinals quarterback Josh Rosen not expected to miss time with toe injury
- What to know about new Cardinals offensive coordinator Byron Leftwich
- Starks: New Cards OC Byron Leftwich can bring concepts from past coaches
- The Cardinals offense under fired OC Mike McCoy: By the numbers