If there were an NBA RedZone channel, it would probably not be good
The folks at NBA TV made a satirical advertisement for a basketball spin-off of the NFL RedZone channel, and demonstrated that it would probably be a terrible idea.
NBA TV host Ernie Johnson is seen in-studio trying to guide viewers through one basketball play after the next. The only problem is that the NBA moves way too fast to show every game at once, which is sort of a problem.
“Okay, we’ve got things under control now, we’re going to go check out the Warriors,” Johnson said. “No, that’s the Pistons,” he said as the screen showed the wrong game.
At one point, several games appear on the screen at once, all moving too quickly for Johnson to break down.
“And, here’s some basketball. That’s all I can tell you,” he said.
It seems safe to say that the RedZone channel should be reserved for football only — especially since there’s no “red zone” on an NBA court.
- Cardinals dead last in several statistical categories: By the numbers
- ‘I feel like my agent did a great job’: Cards RB Johnson talks new contract
- Suns’ Devin Booker ranked just within top 50 of SI’s Top 100 NBA players
- From Tillman to economic impact, Nike’s Kaepernick deal sparks debate
- Agent told LaVar Ball that Suns might take son LiAngelo late in draft