Andy Reid gets in holiday spirit after clinching AFC West
With Christmas Eve falling on football Sunday — and the Kansas Chiefs finding a way to clinch the AFC West — head coach Andy Reid decided to trade in the headset for a red hat and a white beard.
After a 29-13 victory over the Miami Dolphins, Reid did the only thing he could do in the moment — walk into the locker room, not as Andy Reid, but as “Santa Reid” to the surprise of his players and coaches.
And he didn’t just stay in the locker room.
He donned the full Santa suit as he did his postgame press conference.
After starting their season looking like an automatic playoff team, a rough patch in the middle of the season put those aspirations on hold.
Not only did the Chiefs clinch the AFC West, but it was the first time in franchise history that they won the division title in back-to-back seasons.
For Reid and his team, that’s something to be jolly about.
- Report: Former Cardinals RB Kerwynn Williams agrees to deal with Chiefs
- Knowledge of spring training fans tested, and it didn’t go too well
- Chiefs sign DT Xavier Williams after Cardinals decline to match
- Cameraman slips on ice, tumbles over the boards during NHL game
- Arizona Cardinals might be eyeing a trade for QB Alex Smith