G League’s 87ers soak up fame in SpongeBob uniforms
The Philadelphia 76ers’ G League team, the Delaware 87ers, took Nickelodeon Night to the next level on Wednesday by rocking SpongeBob SquarePants alternate uniforms.
One-time Phoenix Suns center Emeka Okafor — who never played for Phoenix after being acquired in Phoenix’s dump of Marcin Gortat before the 2013-14 season — was among the 87ers suiting up in the under-the-sea-themed jersey sets.
And during the game, the team’s Twitter page went way down into the rabbit hole of what we can only imagine is SpongeBob’s basketball world.
Unfortunately for Delaware, the Erie Bayhawks squeezed out the tight 112-111 win to sour their opponents’ theme night.
- Coyotes’ Antti Raanta to sport custom Kachina pads with alternate jersey
- Jersey mashup shows Coyotes uniform in Suns colorway
- Arizona State will debut road white uniforms at San Diego State
- Oregon’s uniforms for 2018 are wacky as usual but cleaner
- ASU hockey, adidas release new set of uniforms with 72 color combos