G League’s 87ers soak up fame in SpongeBob uniforms
The Philadelphia 76ers’ G League team, the Delaware 87ers, took Nickelodeon Night to the next level on Wednesday by rocking SpongeBob SquarePants alternate uniforms.
One-time Phoenix Suns center Emeka Okafor — who never played for Phoenix after being acquired in Phoenix’s dump of Marcin Gortat before the 2013-14 season — was among the 87ers suiting up in the under-the-sea-themed jersey sets.
And during the game, the team’s Twitter page went way down into the rabbit hole of what we can only imagine is SpongeBob’s basketball world.
Unfortunately for Delaware, the Erie Bayhawks squeezed out the tight 112-111 win to sour their opponents’ theme night.
- Diamondbacks get festive with 2018 holiday uniforms, hats and socks
- Suns sign Shaquille Harrison to second 10-day contract
- Kansas State basketball throws it back with lavender jerseys
- NAZ Suns acquire former Phoenix Suns guard Archie Goodwin
- Video game appears to leak image of fifth Phoenix Suns jersey