Bill Walton thinks DeAndre Ayton is an animal — in a good way
Bill Walton compares Deandre Ayton to the wildlife of the far west pic.twitter.com/PgF8uyJnqt— Ryan Kelapire (@RKelapire) January 5, 2018
If you watched Arizona defeat Utah Thursday night on ESPN, you got to experience the unique broadcasting style of college basketball legend Bill Walton.
Paired with play-by-play man Dave Pasch, Walton provides commentary that well, you either love or you hate.
Earlier this season, Walton compared Arizona freshman center DeAndre Ayton to another hoops legend.
“You just look at him and say ‘oh, my God, I believe in evolution,’” Walton said during UA’s win over Texas A&M in Phoenix in early December. “He’s the best player at this level since Shaquille O’Neal.”
High praise, indeed. But Thursday, the colorful color analyst made some downright inhuman comparisons featuring Ayton, who finished with 24 points, 14 rebounds and two blocked shots in the 94-82 win over the Utes.
- Carson who? UA product Nick Foles leads Eagles to Super Bowl
- Accuser of former Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez files second claim
- Schefter: Raiders interviewed Arizona’s Kevin Sumlin for OC position
- Bill Walton goes in search for mushrooms before tipoff, drops knowledge
- No. 14 Arizona rallies to defeat Stanford