One Sun Devil, two Wildcats make FWAA Freshman All-American team
Arizona State cornerback Chase Lucas along with Arizona’s Colin Schooler and Kylan Wilborn were named Freshman All-Americans by the Football Writers Association of America on Monday.
All three were previously honored as members of USA Today’s Freshman All-American teams.
For ASU, Lucas also earned Second Team All-Pac-12 recognition by allowing 40 catches on 78 targets against him in 2017. He had 59 tackles, a team-high eight pass breakups and two picks.
Playing linebacker, Schooler was second on Arizona’s team with 95 total tackles and led the Wildcats with 13.5 for loss. He had 4.0 sacks and two interceptions, plus a forced fumble.
Wilborn, who played the stud position on UA’s defensive front, tallied 33 tackles and a team-best 7.5 sacks. He had 9.5 tackles for loss and forced four fumbles.
- ASU basketball falters in second half in road loss to Stanford
- ASU DC Gonzales promoted to assistant HC, Aguano hire official
- Sun Devils look to extend win streak against Stanford
- Sun Devils end losing skid with decisive win over Colorado
- Brandon Randolph, Chase Jeter lead Arizona to OT win over Utah