One Sun Devil, two Wildcats make FWAA Freshman All-American team
Arizona State cornerback Chase Lucas along with Arizona’s Colin Schooler and Kylan Wilborn were named Freshman All-Americans by the Football Writers Association of America on Monday.
All three were previously honored as members of USA Today’s Freshman All-American teams.
For ASU, Lucas also earned Second Team All-Pac-12 recognition by allowing 40 catches on 78 targets against him in 2017. He had 59 tackles, a team-high eight pass breakups and two picks.
Playing linebacker, Schooler was second on Arizona’s team with 95 total tackles and led the Wildcats with 13.5 for loss. He had 4.0 sacks and two interceptions, plus a forced fumble.
Wilborn, who played the stud position on UA’s defensive front, tallied 33 tackles and a team-best 7.5 sacks. He had 9.5 tackles for loss and forced four fumbles.
- Pac-12 releases 2018-19 weekly pairings for ASU, Arizona basketball
- Arizona basketball earns commitment from Cornell transfer Stone Gettings
- UA’s Allonzo Trier, Rawle Alkins conclude first NBA Summer League
- ASU’s Bobby Hurley visits Vegas to support Shannon Evans’ ‘new journey’
- Top plays with Arizona ties from the 2017 college football season