Barkley, Johnson among players coming for Suns Decade Night
As the Phoenix Suns continue to celebrate their 50th season as an NBA team, the organization is holding Decade Night to honor teams from the 1990s.
The 1990s-themed celebration will take place on Jan. 12 during halftime of the team’s game against the Houston Rockets. As part of the ceremony, the franchise will honor the 25th Anniversary of the 1992-1993 Western Conference Champions.
Among the former players expected to be in attendance are Suns Ring of Honor members Charles Barkley, Kevin Johnson, Dan Majerle, Tom Chambers and Paul Westphal in addition to several others.
As part of the festivities, Suns entertainers will perform routines inspired by the time period while wearing 90s clothing. Additionally, the first 5,000 fans at the game will receive an an exclusive bobblehead of Barkley.
Friday is the first of three Decade Night celebrations to commemorate the team’s history.
- Gentry: Suns coaching candidate Igor Kokoskov would be ‘great choice’
- Report: Former Suns candidate Budenholzer to interview with Knicks
- A list of potential Suns head coaching candidates
- Report: Hawks’ Budenholzer withdraws from Suns’ coaching search
- NY Times’ Stein: Hurdles remain if Suns want to hire Mike Budenholzer