Burns & Gambo’s potential 2018 Arizona Cardinals quarterbacks draft
There are two major questions the Arizona Cardinals are facing this offseason after both Bruce Arians and Carson Palmer retired: Who will be the new head coach and who will be the new quarterback?
Our own Burns & Gambo show on 98.7 FM Arizona’s Sports Station took their best guesses at the second question of who could potentially start for the Arizona Cardinals at quarterback next season.
This is not an easy task. The show had to factor in quarterbacks from the 2017 team as well as potential free agent, trade and draft targets.
They had a draft, with each of them selecting three quarterbacks. As everyone said on the show, there are so many options that it could be possible they all whiffed on who could be the signal-caller in 2018.
With John Gambadoro refusing to play unless he received the first overall pick, he would go first, followed by Erin Maloney, Jordan Byrd and Dave Burns.
The dominant choice was current NFL quarterbacks not on the Cardinals. Out of the 12 selections, eight qualified for that group, followed by two through the draft and two that were on the team last year.
Here are the results and a poll to vote on your winner.
- Arizona Cardinals defense may have to trigger first win of season
- Gerald Hodges stands out as Cardinals search for right LB mix
- Cardinals WR Christian Kirk misses practice Thursday after car accident
- Peterson: Cardinals got message from Wilks playing boos at end of practice
- Week 3 injury report: Chicago Bears vs. Arizona Cardinals