D-backs avoid arbitration with 9 players including Ray, Lamb, Pollock
The Arizona Diamondbacks avoided arbitration and agreed to one-year deals with nine more players Friday night, including many notable names from the 2017 roster.
Those nine players are infielder Nick Ahmed, reliever Andrew Chafin, catcher Chris Herrmann, third baseman Jake Lamb, infielder and outfielder Chris Owings, outfielders David Peralta and A.J. Pollock and starters Robbie Ray and Taijuan Walker.
That leaves starter Shelby Miller as the lone player left remaining out of the 13 eligible for arbitration.
The club and Miller do not look to be that far off on a number.
If the D-backs and Miller cannot come to terms, they will go to arbitration in February.
- Olney: D-backs, Yankees could fit as trade partners for Goldschmidt
- Derrick Hall: Diamondbacks will ditch grass for synthetic turf field
- Report: D-backs would ‘love to move’ ace Zack Greinke
- D-backs reliever Brad Ziegler retires on 39th birthday
- Hazen: Over next month, D-backs will lay out future one question at a time