D-backs avoid arbitration with 9 players including Ray, Lamb, Pollock
The Arizona Diamondbacks avoided arbitration and agreed to one-year deals with nine more players Friday night, including many notable names from the 2017 roster.
Those nine players are infielder Nick Ahmed, reliever Andrew Chafin, catcher Chris Herrmann, third baseman Jake Lamb, infielder and outfielder Chris Owings, outfielders David Peralta and A.J. Pollock and starters Robbie Ray and Taijuan Walker.
That leaves starter Shelby Miller as the lone player left remaining out of the 13 eligible for arbitration.
The club and Miller do not look to be that far off on a number.
If the D-backs and Miller cannot come to terms, they will go to arbitration in February.
- D-backs’ Hazen, Hall to appear on 98.7 FM’s ‘Hot Stove Summit’
- Rosenthal: Cubs in pursuit of D-backs free agent Daniel Descalso
- Two Arizona sports venues rank well in ESPN cleanliness study
- D-backs select RHP Nick Green of Yankees in Rule 5 Draft
- Cubs’ Maddon on Goldschmidt trade: ‘I don’t like the Diamondbacks’