D-backs avoid arbitration with 9 players including Ray, Lamb, Pollock
The Arizona Diamondbacks avoided arbitration and agreed to one-year deals with nine more players Friday night, including many notable names from the 2017 roster.
Those nine players are infielder Nick Ahmed, reliever Andrew Chafin, catcher Chris Herrmann, third baseman Jake Lamb, infielder and outfielder Chris Owings, outfielders David Peralta and A.J. Pollock and starters Robbie Ray and Taijuan Walker.
That leaves starter Shelby Miller as the lone player left remaining out of the 13 eligible for arbitration.
The club and Miller do not look to be that far off on a number.
If the D-backs and Miller cannot come to terms, they will go to arbitration in February.
- D-backs drop sixth straight after scoreless showing against Brewers
- D-backs’ Lovullo on team’s recent woes: I’m up at night more than usual
- D-backs’ Dyson makes incredible play, robs Brewers of 3-run HR
- D-backs place Steven Souza on disabled list, recall CF Socrates Brito
- Schoenfield: Goldschmidt’s slump concerning as D-backs lose first place