Arizona State linebacker Koron Crump granted extra year of eligibility
Arizona State senior linebacker Koron Crump was awarded an extra year of eligibility Friday after his medical hardship waiver was accepted by the NCAA.
Crump submitted the waiver in December after a torn ACL ended his senior season. The 6-foot-3, 218-pound linebacker suffered the injury in the Sun Devils’ third game of the season against Texas Tech.
He lead the Pac-12 with nine sacks in 2016, and recorded 11 tackles and four sacks before his injury in 2017.
Crump should make an immediate impact on Arizona State’s defense, which just lost defensive tackle JoJo Wicker after he declared for the 2018 NFL Draft.
- Pat Tillman’s great Valley legacy honored by Pat’s Run
- Easy April takeaways and predictions for Cardinals’ 2018 schedule
- Valley football schedule includes Cardinals, ASU sharing a Thursday
- Autistic Rutgers fan sets record for longest touchdown in spring game
- Five things to watch at ASU’s spring football game