Karlsson, Hedman channel inner pirate during NHL All-Star weekend
Tampa Bay residents are experiencing a weekend full of events with the NHL All-Star Game in town as well as the Gasparilla Pirate Festival.
Among the participants are a pair of defensemen — Erik Karlsson of the Ottawa Senators and Victor Hedman of the Tampa Bay Lightning.
— NHL (@NHL) January 27, 2018
The two entered Tampa Bay’s Amalie Arena in full pirate’s attire, wielding fake swords and attempting to intimidate those who passed by.
But of course, the two heard more laughs than screams as they made their way down a hallway.
Karlsson took part in Saturday’s NHL All-Star Skills Competition as a participant in the puck control contest.
He will also be on the Atlantic squad for Sunday’s All-Star game, while Hedman will miss the game due to injury.
Nonetheless, the defensemen managed to find some time to provide a few laughs and enjoy All-Star weekend in hilarious fashion.
- Trivia Tuesday: Top American-born goal scorers in NHL history
- Ekman-Larsson becomes 6th Swedish D-man to reach 100 goals
- Coyotes start fast, can’t keep up in loss to Avalanche
- Coyotes owner Andrew Barroway in discussions with potential investors
- Coyotes fall to Edmonton in OT despite third period rally