Karlsson, Hedman channel inner pirate during NHL All-Star weekend
Tampa Bay residents are experiencing a weekend full of events with the NHL All-Star Game in town as well as the Gasparilla Pirate Festival.
Among the participants are a pair of defensemen — Erik Karlsson of the Ottawa Senators and Victor Hedman of the Tampa Bay Lightning.
— NHL (@NHL) January 27, 2018
The two entered Tampa Bay’s Amalie Arena in full pirate’s attire, wielding fake swords and attempting to intimidate those who passed by.
But of course, the two heard more laughs than screams as they made their way down a hallway.
Karlsson took part in Saturday’s NHL All-Star Skills Competition as a participant in the puck control contest.
He will also be on the Atlantic squad for Sunday’s All-Star game, while Hedman will miss the game due to injury.
Nonetheless, the defensemen managed to find some time to provide a few laughs and enjoy All-Star weekend in hilarious fashion.
- Coyotes rookie goaltender Adin Hill named NHL’s 2nd ‘Star of the Week’
- The 5: Biggest Arizona Coyotes storylines through one month
- NHL partners with MGM to share data for sports betting
- Coyotes, Christian Fischer surging on offense after slow start
- Former Blackhawks hope to help Coyotes turn around fortunes