Karlsson, Hedman channel inner pirate during NHL All-Star weekend
Tampa Bay residents are experiencing a weekend full of events with the NHL All-Star Game in town as well as the Gasparilla Pirate Festival.
Among the participants are a pair of defensemen — Erik Karlsson of the Ottawa Senators and Victor Hedman of the Tampa Bay Lightning.
— NHL (@NHL) January 27, 2018
The two entered Tampa Bay’s Amalie Arena in full pirate’s attire, wielding fake swords and attempting to intimidate those who passed by.
But of course, the two heard more laughs than screams as they made their way down a hallway.
Karlsson took part in Saturday’s NHL All-Star Skills Competition as a participant in the puck control contest.
He will also be on the Atlantic squad for Sunday’s All-Star game, while Hedman will miss the game due to injury.
Nonetheless, the defensemen managed to find some time to provide a few laughs and enjoy All-Star weekend in hilarious fashion.
- The 5: Questions facing the Arizona Coyotes entering the season
- D-backs’ Yoan Lopez named to All-Star Futures Game roster
- Coyotes’ Hjalmarsson on his 2-year extension: ‘I think I have a lot to prove’
- Arizona Coyotes sign Michael Grabner to three-year deal
- Coyotes officially sign Oliver Ekman-Larsson to 8-year extension