The 2018 Waste Management Phoenix Open field was finalized Monday with Ricky Barnes receiving the final sponsor exemption.
This year’s field has a total of 132 players competing for $6.9 million.
Out of those 132 players, 22 of them are within the top-50 players in the Official World Golf Ranking. The highest-ranked player in the field is Jon Rahm, the No. 2 in the world. Dustin Johnson, at No. 1, will not be competing.
There are also five former Waste Management Phoenix Open champions: Phil Mickelson, Aaron Baddeley, J.B. Holmes, Kyle Stanley and the reigning champion and two-time winner Hideki Matsuyama.
The top three favorites for the tournament are Matsuyama and Jordan Spieth, with the Vegas odds at 9/1 and Rahm not far behind at 10/1.
The tournament will start Thursday, Feb. 1 and will continue till Sunday, Feb. 4.
- Jon Rahm will donate money to Red Cross for every birdie, eagle
- Silverman wins new Ford for 100 Club of Arizona at WM Phoenix Open
- Gary Woodland beats Chez Reavie in WM Phoenix Open playoff
- ASU alum Chez Reavie forces sudden death, falls in playoff
- Record-setting Saturday at the Waste Management Phoenix Open