ASU football sets Camp Tontozona dates for 2018
Arizona State’s football team will continue its annual fall camp tradition with a trip to Camp Tontozona under first-year head coach Herm Edwards, the school said.
The Sun Devils will head up the hill in 2018 on Monday, August 6 and practice in the pines through Saturday, August 11.
“One of the reasons I returned to college football is because of great traditions like Camp Tontozona,” Edwards said in a press release. “I’m anxious to take my first Sun Devil team to the legendary place where it all began with Coach Frank Kush’s vision. It’s a perfect setting for our coaches, players and staff to bond and get quality work accomplished.”
ASU will return to Tempe after a final practice on the morning of August 11.
The football team will begin practicing on August 3 in Tempe.
Times for the Camp Tontozona practices will be announced at a later date.
- ASU thrower Maggie Ewen’s unique talents elevated her to next level
- ASU’s Harry, UA’s Tate land on Athlon’s preseason All-American team
- Phil Mickelson freestyles hole 13 of US Open Championship
- Chun An Yu qualifies for U.S. Open, joining other ASU golf greats
- Arizona talent ‘bursts back on the scene’ with strong MLB draft