ASU football sets Camp Tontozona dates for 2018
Arizona State’s football team will continue its annual fall camp tradition with a trip to Camp Tontozona under first-year head coach Herm Edwards, the school said.
The Sun Devils will head up the hill in 2018 on Monday, August 6 and practice in the pines through Saturday, August 11.
“One of the reasons I returned to college football is because of great traditions like Camp Tontozona,” Edwards said in a press release. “I’m anxious to take my first Sun Devil team to the legendary place where it all began with Coach Frank Kush’s vision. It’s a perfect setting for our coaches, players and staff to bond and get quality work accomplished.”
ASU will return to Tempe after a final practice on the morning of August 11.
The football team will begin practicing on August 3 in Tempe.
Times for the Camp Tontozona practices will be announced at a later date.
- ASU’s Chase Lucas intercepts first play of game, pulls out turnover barbell
- Arizona State travels to UW for test against rowdy crowd, tough defense
- The 5: Stat-based storylines as ASU faces No. 10 Washington
- Win or lose, ASU coach Herm Edwards doesn’t find sleep easy to come by
- Edwards: ASU football needs to bring its own energy to Washington